All memberships are valid from January 1 to December 31. Beginning after the annual conference, MLA accepts membership renewal for the next year, and any new memberships received between annual conference and December 31 will run from the date they are received through the end of the following calendar year.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org (best) or call 800-843-8482 x2895 with any registration or membership status questions.
Benefits of Individual Membership
The MLA Annual Conference
- A chance to join your colleagues for training, networking, learning about new programming, meeting vendors, and fun!
- Workshops offered year-round on a variety of library topics
- Presentation and publishing opportunities
- MLA Communities of Interest for collaboration, sharing and support with other Missouri librarians
- The MLA-Membership email listserv and various specialized MLA email lists
- Opportunities for mentoring and finding a mentor
- Collaboration with other state, regional and national library organizations
- Jobline—A web-based library job posting service
- MO INFO, the Association’s bi-monthly newsletter
- Legislative updates on topics of importance to libraries and librarians
- Annual Library Advocacy Day in Jefferson City
- Leadership of Missouri’s National Library Legislative Day delegation in Washington, D.C.
- Professional lobbyist working on behalf of Missouri libraries and patrons
- Reduced registration rates and discount hotel rates at the MLA Annual Conference
- Special member rates for all MLA events and workshops
- Membership in divisions and special interest groups is free!
Participation in the advancement of MLA
- Help guide and advance the organization through service on the executive board, appointment to committees, and leadership on communities of interest
- Vote on future leadership and other MLA issues
Institutional Member Benefits
- One vote on officer election and association business at the Annual Business Meeting
- Unlimited postings in Jobline, MLA’s web-based library job posting service, at no charge
- Year-round lobbying efforts on institutional members’ behalf
- Send one representative to any MLA-sponsored event at the member rate