- Work under the direction of the Executive Board in support of MLA and its units.
- Brief other committee members on the activities of their respective sub-committee. Duties of each sub-committee that may be reported upon include:
- The creation and distribution of public relations and marketing messages directed to the MLA membership, Missouri’s library community, and the Missouri public.
- Creation and direction of promotional campaigns for events such as workshops, contests, and information/education programs such as National Library Week and National Library Workers Day.
- Creation and direct sales of MLA branded merchandise.
- Identification of the Association’s marketing needs.
- Support of MLA units on a variety of projects each year.
- MO INFO:
- Dissemination of information through MO INFO, MLA’s print publication.
- Recommendation of updates to the MLA Publication Guidelines as needed.
- Support for the activities of Communities of Interest through MO INFO as requested.
- Solicitation of articles and columns about library related issues from MLA members, the Missouri library community, and the greater library community as well.
- The posting of invitations to read MO INFO on the Association’s social media.
- Social Media:
- Dissemination of information about MLA to members and to the general public via its social media platforms, as relevant.
- Identification of new social media trends and their recommended adoption
- by the Association.
- Creation, maintenance, and when necessary, implementation of a crisis communication plan.
- Moderation of social media posts.
- Dissemination of information about MLA to members and to the general public via its website, as relevant.
- Maintenance of Jobline, the employment service of the Missouri Library Association.
- How the sub-committee is supporting the activities of the other Media and
- Publications sub-committees.
- Coordinate with other sub-committees to ensure that projects are handled by the appropriate sub-committee.
- Coordinate efforts to share tasks among sub-committees when necessary.
- Identify additional publication needs (e.g. new social media, print publication updates, marketing trends) and make recommendations to the Executive Board as appropriate.
Duties outlined in the MLA Handbook.
2017 Media and Publications Committee:
Meredith McCarthy, CHAIR 2014-2017 (Social Media) email@example.com,
Rachel Brekhus 2012-2013, 2014-2017 (Website) firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Parsons (MO INFO) email@example.com
Jessica Ford (Marketing), firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicky Baker, ex-officio, 2017, email@example.com
Jessica Ford, CHAIR 2013-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meggan Luszcak, 2016-2017, email@example.com
Alanna Sablotny, 2016-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Addison Lucchi, 2017-2019, email@example.com
Megan Garrett, 2017-2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
Jami Livingston, 2017-2019 email@example.com
Jennifer Parsons, CHAIR 2008-2010, 2012-2013, 2014-2017 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ken Satterfield, 2015-2016,2017-2018 email@example.com
Lindsey Warner, 2015-2016, 2017-2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
Hong Li, 2016-2017, email@example.com
Desiree Van Tassel, 2016-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Brekhus, 2012-2013, 2014-2017 CHAIR email@example.com
Amy Nickless, 2015-2016,2017-2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Mawhiney, 2015-2016, 2017-2019
Blair Pickard, 2015-2016, 2017-2019 email@example.com
Cindy Thompson, 2016-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alana Myler, 2016-2017, email@example.com
Kelley Martin, 2016-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stacy Hisle-Chaudri, 2014-2017, email@example.com
Xiaocan(Lucy) Wang, 2017-2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shelley McDavid, 2017-2019 mcdavids@MST.EDU
Meredith McCarthy, 2014-2017 CHAIR email@example.com
Sarah Reando, 2016-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ethan Evans, 2017-1019 email@example.com
Michelle Swane, 2017-2019 firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Van Kneiest, 2017-19 RVanKniest@Fontbonne.edu