- Present a slate of two or more candidates for President-Elect, and no fewer than five candidates for Member-At-Large.
- Candidates for Member-At-Large should alternate between academic/special libraries and public libraries/trustees beginning with public libraries/trustees libraries in 2012.
- Present a slate of two or more candidates for American Library Association Councilor every three years (beginning in 2001). Nominations are in accordance with ALA guidelines.
- Prepare and distribute the ballots and statements of professional concerns to all Individual members in a timely manner in order to permit notification of the winners at least twenty-one days prior to the Annual Business Meeting. All ballots must be received by the designated deadline.
- Line up three MLA members in good standing to count the ballots after the designated election deadline.
- In the event of a tie, prepare and distribute tie-breaker ballots to those eligible voters present at the Annual Business meeting who shall vote to determine the outcome.
- Forward the names of the new officers to the MLA President for announcement at the Annual Business Meeting.
Duties outlined in the MLA Handbook.
2019 Nominating Committee:
April Roy, CHAIR, email@example.com