- Work under the direction of the Executive Board in support of MLA and its units.
- Brief other committee members on the activities of their respective sub-committee. Duties of each sub-committee that may be reported upon include:
- The creation and distribution of public relations and marketing messages directed to the MLA membership, Missouri’s library community, and the Missouri public.
- Creation and direction of promotional campaigns for events such as workshops, contests, and information/education programs such as National Library Week and National Library Workers Day.
- Creation and direct sales of MLA branded merchandise.
- Identification of the Association’s marketing needs.
- Support of MLA units on a variety of projects each year.
- MO INFO:
- Dissemination of information through MO INFO, MLA’s print publication.
- Recommendation of updates to the MLA Publication Guidelines as needed.
- Support for the activities of Communities of Interest through MO INFO as requested.
- Solicitation of articles and columns about library related issues from MLA members, the Missouri library community, and the greater library community as well.
- The posting of invitations to read MO INFO on the Association’s social media.
- Social Media:
- Dissemination of information about MLA to members and to the general public via its social media platforms, as relevant.
- Identification of new social media trends and their recommended adoption
- by the Association.
- Creation, maintenance, and when necessary, implementation of a crisis communication plan.
- Moderation of social media posts.
- Dissemination of information about MLA to members and to the general public via its website, as relevant.
- Maintenance of Jobline, the employment service of the Missouri Library Association.
- How the sub-committee is supporting the activities of the other Media and
- Publications sub-committees.
- Coordinate with other sub-committees to ensure that projects are handled by the appropriate sub-committee.
- Coordinate efforts to share tasks among sub-committees when necessary.
- Identify additional publication needs (e.g. new social media, print publication updates, marketing trends) and make recommendations to the Executive Board as appropriate.
Duties outlined in the MLA Handbook.
2021 Media and Publications Committee:
Meredith McCarthy, CHAIR 2021-2023, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Shelly McDavid, Webmaster, 2019-2021, email@example.com
Nicole Walsh firstname.lastname@example.org Mo Info 2021
Brian McCann 2020-2022 email@example.com Social Media
Cindy Thompson Ex Offico firstname.lastname@example.org MLA President
2021 Marketing Subcommittee
Meredith McCarthy, Chair, 2021-2023 email@example.com
Jami Livingston, 2019-2021, Jlivingston@adairco.org
Emily Brown, 2019-2021, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kara Bell, 2020-2022, email@example.com
Shannon Midyett, 2020-2022, firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 MO INFO Subcommittee: email@example.com
Nicole Walsh firstname.lastname@example.org Chair 2021
Jason Phinney email@example.com Asst. Co-Chair 2021
Ken Satterfield firstname.lastname@example.org
Renee Burress email@example.com
Bailey Compton firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenna Feldstein email@example.com
Hong Li firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Niederberger email@example.com
Allison Rand firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Sievering RSievering@mymcpl.org
2021 Web Subcommittee:
Shelly McDavid, 2019-2021, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, Chair
Heather Arnold 2018-2021
Stephanie Chinn 2017-2021
Logan Lochlan 2019-2021
Pamela Withrow 2020-2021
Shannon Midyett 2020-2021
Rachel Brekhus 2019-2021
Mary Ann Henson 2020-2021
Latorya Clinkscale 2020-2021
Ruthie Rochman, 2020-2021
2021 Social Media Subcommittee:
Brian McCann 2020-2022 email@example.com Chair 2021
Sarah Reando 2019-2021 firstname.lastname@example.org Past-chair 2021
Chris Vaughn 2020-2021 email@example.com Content Officer
Sarah Steele 2020-2021 firstname.lastname@example.org Content Officer
Haley Frizzle 2020-2021 email@example.com Job Posting Officer