- Monitor legislation and other efforts that affect first amendment rights to libraries, librarians, and their clientele.
- Encourage libraries to protect those rights by:
- Adopting ALA’s Freedom to Read Statement, Library Bill of Rights, and other statements adopted by the American Library Association and endorsed by the Missouri Library Association.
- Adopting selection and collection development policies that protect against challenges.
- Providing training opportunities with regard to intellectual freedom issues.
- Support and implement the MLA Statement on Intellectual Freedom.
- Assist and support MLA members in intellectual freedom concerns as requested.
Duties outlined in the MLA Handbook.
2019 Intellectual Freedom Committee:
Tiffany Mautino, CHAIR, 2016-2019, email@example.com
Andrea Miller, 2016-2019, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Kohlburn, 2016-2019, email@example.com
Kara Bell, 2018-2020, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ying Li, 2018-2020, email@example.com
Kris Dyer, 2018-2020, firstname.lastname@example.org
April Roy, Ex Officio,email@example.com
Erin Gray, Ex Officio, firstname.lastname@example.org