- Monitor legislation and other efforts that affect first amendment rights to libraries, librarians, and their clientele.
- Encourage libraries to protect those rights by:
- Adopting ALA’s Freedom to Read Statement, Library Bill of Rights, and other statements adopted by the American Library Association and endorsed by the Missouri Library Association.
- Adopting selection and collection development policies that protect against challenges.
- Providing training opportunities with regard to intellectual freedom issues.
- Support and implement the MLA Statement on Intellectual Freedom.
- Assist and support MLA members in intellectual freedom concerns as requested.
Duties outlined in the MLA Handbook.
2017 Intellectual Freedom Committee:
Bruce Duzarri, CHAIR 2015-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrea Miller, 2015-2017, email@example.com
Joe Kohlburn, 2015-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rebecca Eliceiri, 2015-2017, email@example.com
Beth Shapiro, 2015-2017, Eshapiro@cpsk12.org
Staci Pratt, 2015-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cari Rerat, 2015-2017, email@example.com
Crystal Bauer, 2015-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tammy Parrott, 2016-2018, email@example.com
Tiffany Mautino, 2016-2018, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vicky Baker ex-officio, 2017, email@example.com