- Meet prior to the November Executive Board meeting with the incoming and outgoing committee members to prepare the budget for the coming year.
- Send Executive Board members a copy of the proposed budget at least one week prior to the November Board Meeting where it will be approved.
- Advise the Executive Board on all Association matters with significant fiscal impact.
- Develop and maintain a fiscal policy manual for the Association (in Appendix D).
- Prepare a report of the financial condition of the Association for the annual membership meeting.
- Recommend long-range plans to ensure the fiscal strength of the Association.
- Review, at least every three years, all regular income sources of the Association (i.e. membership dues, conference registration, vendor rates at conference) to determine if they need to be adjusted.
- Advise the Executive Board on investment of Association funds.
- Advise the Executive Board on capital purchases.
- Submit annual professional auditor review to the Executive Board according to the schedule in the Fiscal Manual.
Duties outlined in the MLA Handbook.
2019 Budget & Finance Committee:
Susan Wray, Treasurer, email@example.com
Cindy Thompson, Past Treasurer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Campbell, Assistant Treasurer, email@example.com
April Roy, Past President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Gray, President, email@example.com
Terms are based on MLA role