- Annually solicit nominees for most MLA Awards. Deadline for receipt of nominees is July 1st unless otherwise noted.
- Submit name(s) to MLA President or Executive Board for approval.
- Select the ALA Emerging Leader for sponsorship by MLA, with the approval of the MLA President and Executive Board.
- Prepare press releases regarding awards for distribution to appropriate media outlets and forwards to Publication Chair.
- Notify award winners as soon as possible after selection, so they may invite guests to the ceremony.
- Present the Awards at the Awards Banquet during the MLA Conference (usually by the Awards Committee chair or an appointed representative and/or committee members).
Duties outlined in the MLA Handbook.
2020 Awards Committee:
Diana Platt, Chair, 2018-2021, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meggan Moore, Past Chair, 2017-2020
Grace Jackson-Browne, 2019-2021, email@example.com
Daisy Porter-Reynolds, 2019-2021 firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Missouri Author Award Subcommittee:
Kenneth Hardcastle, 2018-2020, email@example.com
Megan Maurer, 2018-2020, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane Jones, 2018-2020, JMulvihill-Jones@mymcpl.org
Kara Drury, 2018-2020, email@example.com
Katie Stover, 2020-2022, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Maria Gonzalez, 2020-2022, email@example.com
For lists of Missouri Library Association awards, please see the “Awards” page and its subpages.