- Annually solicit nominees for most MLA Awards. Deadline for receipt of nominees is July 1st unless otherwise noted.
- Submit name(s) to MLA President or Executive Board for approval.
- Select the ALA Emerging Leader for sponsorship by MLA, with the approval of the MLA President and Executive Board.
- Prepare press releases regarding awards for distribution to appropriate media outlets and forwards to Publication Chair.
- Notify award winners as soon as possible after selection, so they may invite guests to the ceremony.
- Present the Awards at the Awards Banquet during the MLA Conference (usually by the Awards Committee chair or an appointed representative and/or committee members).
Duties outlined in the MLA Handbook.
2018 Awards Committee:
Tony Benningfield, CHAIR, 2017-2020, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meggan Moore 2017-2020, email@example.com
Beth Ann Caldarello, Past Chair, 2015-2018, firstname.lastname@example.org
April Roy, President ex-officio 2018 email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Missouri Author Award Subcommittee:
Regina Cooper, CHAIR, 2016-2018, email@example.com
Brian Grubbs, 2016-2018, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lisa Sampley, 2016-2018, email@example.com
Kara Drury, 2018-2020, firstname.lastname@example.org
Michelle Franklin, 2016-2018, email@example.com
Emma DeLooze-Klein, 2016-2018, firstname.lastname@example.org
Heather Arnold, 2017-2019, email@example.com
Ann Riley, 2017-2019, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jenny Ellis, 2017-2019, email@example.com
Rachel Grime, 2017-2019, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jennifer Brady, 2017-2019 email@example.com
Kenneth Hardcastle, 2018-2020, firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Maurer, 2018-2020, email@example.com
Jane Jones, 2018-2020, JMulvihill-Jones@mymcpl.org
LynnDee Wathen, 2018-2020, firstname.lastname@example.org
For lists of Missouri Library Association awards, please see the “Awards” page and its subpages.