- Annually solicit nominees for most MLA Awards. Deadline for receipt of nominees is July 1st unless otherwise noted.
- Submit name(s) to MLA President or Executive Board for approval.
- Select the ALA Emerging Leader for sponsorship by MLA, with the approval of the MLA President and Executive Board.
- Prepare press releases regarding awards for distribution to appropriate media outlets and forwards to Publication Chair.
- Notify award winners as soon as possible after selection, so they may invite guests to the ceremony.
- Present the Awards at the Awards Banquet during the MLA Conference (usually by the Awards Committee chair or an appointed representative and/or committee members).
Duties outlined in the MLA Handbook.
2023 Awards Committee Chair – Meagan Parrett (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2023 Missouri Author Awards Subcommittee Chair – Deb Loguda-Summers – email@example.com
For lists of Missouri Library Association awards, please see the “Awards” page and its subpages.