- Annually solicit nominees for most MLA Awards. Deadline for receipt of nominees is July 1st unless otherwise noted.
- Submit name(s) to MLA President or Executive Board for approval.
- Select the ALA Emerging Leader for sponsorship by MLA, with the approval of the MLA President and Executive Board.
- Prepare press releases regarding awards for distribution to appropriate media outlets and forwards to Publication Chair.
- Notify award winners as soon as possible after selection, so they may invite guests to the ceremony.
- Present the Awards at the Awards Banquet during the MLA Conference (usually by the Awards Committee chair or an appointed representative and/or committee members).
Duties outlined in the MLA Handbook.
Awards Committee 2021: email@example.com
Daisy Porter-Reynolds 2019-2022 firstname.lastname@example.org Chair 2021
Diana Platt 2018-2021 email@example.com Past-Chair 2021
Grace Jackson-Brown 2019-2023 firstname.lastname@example.org
Megan Parrett 2021-2024 email@example.com
Cindy Thompson Ex Offico firstname.lastname@example.org / ex-officio 2020 2021
2021 Missouri Author Award Subcommittee:
Deb Loguda-Summers 2020-2022 email@example.com Chair 2021
Jane Mulvihill-Jones 2018-2021 JMulvihill-Jones@mymcpl.org
Katie Stover 2020-2022 firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Maria Gonzalez 2020-2022 email@example.com
Kevin Korinek 2020-2022 firstname.lastname@example.org
For lists of Missouri Library Association awards, please see the “Awards” page and its subpages.