- Ellis Library, University of Missouri, General Reading Room looking south (University Archives, Collection C:20/8/6, http://libraryguides.missouri.edu/c.php?g=233639&p=2219000)
- Ellis Library, University of Missouri (University Archives, Collection C:20/8/6, http://libraryguides.missouri.edu/c.php?g=233639&p=2214363)
- Allen (Westport) Library (Kansas City Public Library, Missouri Valley Special Collections, http://kchistory.org/u?/Assorted,976)
- St. Louis Exposition and Music Hall (St. Louis Public Library, http://central.slpl.org/construction.html)
- Man with book sitting in chair (George Eastman Museum, https://flic.kr/p/55Auv6)
- Board members:
- Arthur E. Bostwick: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Elmore_Bostwick
- Frances Fordice (Fink): https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=48216363
- Lillian Griggs of St Louis (for Lillian Sutherland of Kansas City): https://archives.library.illinois.edu/ala/wwi-librarian-uniforms/
- Carrie (Westlake) Whitney (for Mary E. Baker of the University of Missouri-Columbia): http://www.kchistory.org/u?/Biographies,164
- Margery Quigley (for Eudora Martin of the St. Joseph Public Library): http://www.gfjlibrary.org/about/history/
- William Daggett (Missouri State University, Ozarko Collection (RG 22-01), https://digitalcollections.missouristate.edu/cdm/ref/collection/Ozarko/id/1161)
- “Nautilus Library” from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Wikimedia Commons (https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:20000_Nautilus_Library.jpg)
- Section of Library at Missouri State University (Missouri State University, Ozarko Collection (RG 22-01), https://digitalcollections.missouristate.edu/cdm/ref/collection/Ozarko/id/772)
- “When the Librarian Teaches History” (Missouri State University, Ozarko Collection (RG 22-01), https://digitalcollections.missouristate.edu/cdm/ref/collection/Ozarko/id/1273)
- “SLPL Then & Now” (Saint Louis Public Library, Central Library), retrieved from http://thenandnow.slpl.org/#central. Accessed March 29, 2017.
Other Sources Consulted
- “Picture of Prof. R.T. Coles in Garrison Library.” Thornton, Maude V. Kansas City Sun. June 5, 1915, p. 1. Accessed March 28, 2017. http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn90061556/1915-06-05/ed-1/seq-1/
- TIMELINE: Key Events in the History of Kansas City Public Library. https://www.kclibrary.org/library-history/timeline Accessed March 28, 2017.
“The French Connection: Remembering the American librarians of post-WWI France.” Dormont, Marcelline. American Libraries Magazine. https://americanlibrariesmagazine.org/2017/02/16/french-connection-librarians-wwi-france/. Accessed March 22, 2017.