Jobline is an employment advertising service of the Missouri Library Association.
If you wish to advertise a position, e-mail your ad to:
Be sure to indicate how many two-week postings you wish. A two-week posting costs $40 per job advertised. Jobline postings are provided at no charge to MLA institutional members and to libraries that provide individual memberships for all their trustees. Ads should be included in or attached to your e-mail message. Ads shall not be edited but posted as received. When ads are posted below, a confirmation message and invoice will be e-mailed to sender. Payment is due upon receipt.
Librarian/Director, Little Free Library-McCormick’s Hay Field, Plattin, MO
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Solicit donations of books and other needed items from community members.
- Provide homework assistance for children after school hours.
- Dry and preserve waterlogged books in a semi-regular basis.
- Fend off geocatchers attempting to place non-book objects in the library.
- Deal calmly, creatively and yet uncompromisingly with outdoor insects.
- Refrain from strict monitoring of the collections or circulation.
- Work comfortably in a confined space (about 3.1 cubic yards).
- Ensure nearby bird feeders are always full, including mixing sugar water for hummingbirds.
- Care for the mules that pull the book wagon and drive the team on the book route.
- Collaborate with institutional partners such as Farmer McCormick; engage in hay baling and similar duties as required.
Experience Requirements: Must have experience with both public libraries and farm life. No experience with technology will be required; the library will be ran as libraries were before computerization due to lack of electricity. City folks need not apply.
Hours/Days: Full-time, except during harvest seasons.
Pay/Benefits: Unlimited fishing in Plattin Creek, which runs next to the former shed serving as the library, and an abundance of free fruits and vegetables over the summer and during fall harvest season from local farmers and avid gardeners.
For more information and an application, please follow this link.
Job Posted 4/1/2016
Happy April Fool’s Day from the MLA Web Group!
Most of our Jobline ads are real, but this one is too hilarious to be true…
Fake Names for Committee Chairs
Happy Reeding-Moore, 2016-2017, email@example.com –Annual/site selection
Santa Claus, 2016-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org — Membership
Paige Turner, 2016-2017, email@example.com –Awards
Vera K. Roule, 2016-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org — Bylaws
Julie Jokerst, 2016-2017, email@example.com — Intellectual Freedom
Lovey Tome, 2016-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org –Media
Moe Lawrence Curlin, 2016-2017, email@example.com–Conference
Aldus Manutius, 2016-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org –Budget
Marcus A. Buch, 2016-2017, email@example.com –Legislative
Libby Ryans, 2016-2017, firstname.lastname@example.org –Nominating
Happy April Fools’ Day! And the real list…