MLA members in good standing who are employed in a youth services position are eligible to apply for the Thusnelda Schmidt Scholarship, to help pay travel expenses for attending a conference.
Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2015. See the page linked above for more information.
See the Awards menu for additional MLA awards and scholarships.
In the latest issue of MO INFO:
- What have Missouri libraries been doing to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the Civil War?
- How many people attended the MLA conference and what next year’s conference theme will be. Hint: It is NOT “Border Wars.”
- What is the Bookmark Blitz and what does it have to do with historic Missouri newspapers?
- Upcoming online training sessions and special database deals from Amigos
- How the Mid-America Library Alliance can score you some free tickets
- Schools giving old saws to first graders for projects = not as cool as Skyping with astronauts
- Census Bureau Research Data Center coming to Mizzou
- Your homework Tech Expo proposal…is due December 8
Want to find out all this and more? We thought so. Here’s MO INFO.
One correction, which has been noted in MO INFO itself:
MO INFO CORRECTION
Due to technical difficulties, the bylaw vote has been postponed until Friday, November 21st. It will be open from Nov. 21 – Dec. 19. If you requested a paper ballot, you will receive it in the mail this week. All others will receive a link to the ballot on the 21st and may vote anytime during that four week period.
By all reports, the 2014 conference was very productive, exciting, inspiring and enjoyable. Thanks to all who participated, especially Conference Chairs Lauren Williams and Angela Scott! See the 2014 Presentations page for links to conference presentations.
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit educational organization operating to promote library service, the profession of librarianship, and cooperation among all types of libraries and organizations concerned with library service in the State of Missouri. Founded in 1900, MLA is proudly beginning a second century of service.